This 5mm pistol was made by Charles Ph. Clement in Liege, Belgium from 1903 to 1907. During this short time three distinct frame variants were made with slightly different internal frame cuts for the grips. The exterior difference in the grips can be seen in the direction of the intertwined "C's," and the embossed curls on the sides and bottom of the grips. The first type has horizontal "C's."