The Crosman Arms Company of East Bloomfield, New York is the world's largest manufacturer of pneumatic and CO2 guns. The company was founded in 1925 by members of the Crosman family, who also owned Crosman Seed Co. of Rochester. Crosman's first product was a pump compressed air gun designed by William McLean, the family chauffeur. Philip Y. Hahn, who was related to Crosman family by marriage, joined the company at its incorporation. He remained with Crosman until 1930, when he left over differences in opinion regarding company policies. Production was limited during the Great Depression, and Hahn purchased the company in 1940 for $5,000.