Made from 1921 until 1946 by Unceta y Compania, Guernica, Spain. Production was both commercial and for the French and Spanish military. Chambered for the 9mm Largo (Bergmann-Bayard) the pistol will usually function satisfactorily with .38 auto or 9mm Luger ammo. Barrels are generally marked 9mm/.38 though many of the military barrels have no marking. In 1940 the magazine release was moved from the rear of the grip frame to the center of the left side.
Magazines are available for purchase at Triplek.com